- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service. This includes shilling or spamming for your own business.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular Cobble Hill Blog story where the comment is being posted.
- Commenting on businesses in which your or a friend have a financial interest: You must disclose this fact. CHB will moderate comments that are “shilling” for a business — the practice of posing as a happy, satisfied customer of an establishment who wants to tell everyone how great that business is and how everyone should go there. If a business owner wants to post in a thread relevant to their business they must disclose that they are the owner or a friend or relative of the owner. Even if you are a well meaning business owner, friend or relative of a business owner failure to disclose your interest in a comment will do more harm that good for that business.
- CHB will not accept responsibility for the content of user comments.
If CHB receives notice that a comment post is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the comments, we reserve the right to remove that comment posting. The removal of any comment shall be solely at the discretion of Cobble Hill Blog.
Cobble Hill Blog (CHB) will never share your personal information with marketers.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
BY CONTINUING TO USE CHB, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.