In a three-page letter to “NBC Nightly News” anchor Lester Holt, who interviewed Barr about his new book, “One Damn Thing After Another,” out tomorrow, former President Trump rails at Bill Barr, his former attorney general.
Why it matters: To completely understand Trump’s worldview heading into 2024, you must read this letter, obtained exclusively by Axios.
Driving the news: Trump stated that he was attaching a report on alleged election fraud, as though Lester Holt would be particularly interested in it. Barr is now “groveling to the media, attempting to achieve acceptance that he doesn’t deserve,” according to him.
In an interview with Holt, Barr said that when the attorney general told Trump that there was no evidence that the 2020 election was rigged, Trump became “extremely agitated.”
- “I told him that all of this electoral fraud nonsense was nonsense,” Barr stated. “It was improper for his team to be shoveling it out the way they were. And then he began questioning me about various hypotheses and… ‘This is incorrect because of this,’ I was able to tell him.”
- He went on to say that Trump has never really grasped “the job of the Department of Justice [and] to some extent, you know, the role of the president.”
What they’re saying: In his letter to Holt, Trump said, “I would anticipate that if the book is anything like him, it will be long, plodding, and very dull.”
- Additional Stimulus Checks Are Awaiting Signatures
- News on the Stimulus Check: Growing Concerns About Its Taxability
- $600 Cheques Were Distributed to 250,000 People in Four Months as a Stimulus.