Cobble Hill Mexican restaurant California Taqueria at 187 Court Street (at Bergen) apparently owes $312,000 in back rent. How do we know this factoid? As shown in living color on Brooklyn blog Pardon Me For Asking, its landlord is taking a rather novel tact in making its displeasure known: by hoisting a nice big sign atop a vehicle parked right across the street. It shouts out: “California Taqueria continues to abuse landlord, (a) WWII vet. Refuses to pay rent. Owes $312,000.” Whoops.
Here’s One Way To Go After A Non-Paying Commercial Tenant…
About Chuck Taylor
- lilly lopez on Local Elected Officials’ Statement on LICH
- JohnHancock on SUNY Drops LICH Talks with Peebles; Turns to Fortis
- Peggy on New York Daily News On Attempt to #SaveLICH – ‘A Waste of Time and Money’
- LICHson on New York Daily News On Attempt to #SaveLICH – ‘A Waste of Time and Money’
- Ed Revuelta on #SaveLICH: Full Service Hospital Deal Dead